Dr Yaqoob Khan Bangash is a historian of Modern South
- Subjects to Citizens: Accession and Integration of the Princely States of Pakistan, 1947-55, Oxford University Press, 2014 (forthcoming).
- “Three Forgotten Accessions: Gilgit, Hunza and Nagar,” in Journal of Imperial and Commonwealth History Vol. 38, No 1, March 2010, p. 117-143.
- “Betrayal of Trust: Princely States of India and the Transfer of Power,” in South Asia Research, Vol 26, No. 2, June 2006, p. 181-199.
- Review of Princely India and the British by Caroline Keen (2012) in the Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society Vol. 24.3 (2014).
- Review of Beyond Crisis: Re-evaluating Pakistan edited by Naveeda Khan (2010) in South Asia Vol. 35.2 (2012).
- Review of A Military History of India and South Asia edited by Daniel P Marston and Chander S Sundaram in Contemporary South Asia Vol. 20.2 (2012).
- Review of Partition and Locality: Violence, Migration and Development in Gujranwala and Sialkot, 1947-1961 by Ilyas Chattha (2011) in Journal of Punjab Studies Vol. 19.1 (2012).
- Review of Religious Transformation in South Asia: The Meanings of Conversion in Colonial Punjab by Christopher Harding (2008) in South Asia Vol. 35.1 (2012).
- Review of Religion, Caste and Politics in India byChristophe Jaffrelot (2011) in Asian Affairs Vol. 43.1 (2012).
- Review of Florence Nightingale and the Viceroys by Patricia Mowbray (2008) in The Historian Vol. 73.1 (2011).
- Review of British Muslims and the Call to Global Jihad by Kylie Baxter (2007) in Contemporary South Asia Vol. 18.4 (2010).
- Review of Xenophobia in Seventeenth Century India by Gijs Kruijtzer (2009) in Itinerario 34.1 (2010).
- Review of Shameful Flight: The Last Years of the British Empire in India by Stanley Wolpert (2007) in Itinerario 31.3 (2007)
- Regular Opinion piece writer for The Express Tribune, June 2011 onwards.
- Fortnightly Features writers for The News, June 2013 onwards.
- Features writer for South Asia Magazine (Karachi), January 2014 onwards.
- “Repairing an Old Rift,” in The Equator Line (New Delhi), No. 3, Vol. 3, pp. 82-
- Occasional opinion piece writer for Dawn, December 2008—April 201
- Interviewed by, The Guardian (UK), The Times of India (India), O Globo (Brazil), Radio Canada (Canada), The Express Tribune (Pakistan), Express News (Urdu TV news channel in Pakistan), The Friday Times (Pakistan), Herald magazine (Pakistan), Pique magazine (Pakistan) and The Tribune (Chandigarh, India).
- Four entries in, The Oxford Companion to Pakistani Literature (Oxford University Press, 2011).
- Charles Wallace Pakistan Trust Grant, 2010.
- Government of Pakistan Scholar, 2006—2010 (for DPhil studies).
- Faith Ivens Franklin Travel Award, Keble College, 2008.
- Beit Trust Research Funding, 2008.
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa, Spring 2004—present.
- Member, Phi Alpha Theta, Fall 2003—present.
- College of Arts and Letters, University of Notre Dame, Undergraduate Research Opportunity Grant, Fall 2003.
- College of Arts and Letters, University of Notre Dame, Dean’s Honor List, Fall 2003.
- Kellogg Institute for International Studies Summer Research Grant. Topic: “Legacies of the Raj: Princely States of India,” Summer 2003.
- College of Arts and Letters, University of Notre Dame, Undergraduate Research Opportunity Grant, Spring 2003.
- College of Arts and Letters, University of Notre Dame, Dean’s Honor List, Fall 2002.
- Office of International Studies, University of Notre Dame, Summer Language Grant for studying Hindi at the University of California, Berkeley, Summer 2002.
- First Year of Studies, University of Notre Dame, Dean’s Honor List, Academic Year 2001-2.
- Project Director of the British Library Endangered Archives Programme grant of £35,600 from November 2013 to October 2014, for “Nur-i-Afshan Archives: Perspectives on the interreligious history of Punjab from 1873-1944.”
- Principal Investigator in: Pakistan Strategy Support Program (Planning Commission of Pakistan) grant of USD 15,000 from July 2013—June 2014 on “The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, (1947-56): An Institutional Economics Analysis.”
- Project Director and Research Director in: Citizen’s Voice Project (USAID) grant of PKR 8.4 million (USD 100,000) from August 2014—August 2015, for “Citizenship and Youth Development Workshop and Youth Assembly,” across universities in the Punjab.