Usman Ali Alvi
Information Technology University,
Arfa Software Technology Park, Ferozpur Road, Lahore, Pakistan.
P (042)-111-111-ITU (488)
Ext : 6043 , 6025
ITU offers competitive salary packages, state-of-the-art facilities and holds an equal opportunity employment policy. Currently, tenure-track faculty positions (Professorship, Assistant Professorship and Associate Professorship) in the fields of Humanities, Business Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Economics, development studies and Mathematics, Physics are open. Staff positions in the areas of Admissions, Academic Affairs, Administration, Human Resource Management are also available.
ITU has a dedicated group of people working for it in a wide range of positions across various departments. If you want to be a part of an exciting mission-driven organization, then explore our work opportunities and Apply @ http://jobs.itu.edu.pk
We are always looking for enthusiastic, driven and creative individuals who appreciate diversity, collaboration and are excited about working for a research organization focused on solving real life problems.
Information Technology University (ITU) is always looking to conduct research which contributes towards solving locally relevant problems. For that, the University has collaborated with a US-based university for an immunisation project named “Smart Immunisation Targeting by Combining AI & Mobile Tools”. The project requires highly motivated researchers, proficient in qualitative coding, field work, study design and data analysis, having prior knowledge of immunisation in Punjab. Interested candidates should email their CVs to email@example.com by 22nd May 2019.
Click here for Ad link
RA-ships in funded project @ ITU
Applications are invited at the Information Technology University (Lahore) for multiple part-time & full-time RA positions (multiple positions per year) for a funded project titled “ICT based Biodiversity Monitoring in the Indus River Basin under the Changing Climate”).
Qualified individuals (with background in CS/CE/EE/RS-GIS/Ocean Engineering/Water Resources/Environmental Sciences or Engg./Earth Sciences (or similar specializations)/Mechatronics/Mechanical) in below listed areas are encouraged to email CVs as per below application process to firstname.lastname@example.org
Focused Areas (in which skills are required):
- Digital Signal Processing / Image Processing / Speech Processing
- Embedded Systems or micro-controller interfacing (experience with GPS, GSM, IMU units and other remote sensing equipment & sensors)
- Sampling based techniques and data modeling for population estimation / modeling
- Field Techniques for Population Sampling and Estimation (Esp. experience/interest in Fisheries and/or Wildlife)
- Bathymetry and Fisheries assessment using hydroacoustic methods
- Fisheries stock estimation
- Mobile/Game development
Desired Skills/Traits (two or more):
Programming capability at embedded environments OR on PC based environments using C/C++ and Matlab/LabView
Programming/scripting capability in RS/GIS software, Google Earth Engine or others
Strong communication, draft writing and presentation skills
Willingness to conduct field work and the ability to meet deadlines
Mobile App & Website development
BS/MS degree or equivalent recognized degree from a foreign or local reputed university (students enrolled in MS will be given priority)
Good fresh graduates with an above average GRE/Toefl score are encouraged to apply (although it is not a “required qualification”!)
Interested individuals should email their detailed application containing
- resume with references,
- links or pdf document showing proof of projects/papers (if any),
- BS & MS transcripts,
- cover letter, containing a description of not more than a 1000 words to explain your suitability for the job.
zipped as a single file to email@example.com
Same cover letter as in (d) should also appear as email text. Keep email subject as
[HEC- Expertise (one or more from Focused Areas) – Ur Name ]
Application Deadline: Accepted on rolling basis.
Salary commensurates with qualification and capability. The university provides an excellent atmosphere for R&D, with state of the art research facilities, guidance of experienced faculty and online access to research literature/libraries.
For queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org . You are welcome to email if you are interested in exploring any possibilities for collaborative research.
Director BiSMiL Lab (Laboratory for Bio-inspired Simulation & Modeling of intelligent Life),
Information Technology University, Arfa Software Technology Park, Lahore
PhD, The University of Tokyo, Japan | Postdoc., Georgetown Univ., USA
P: (92)42-35880062 ; M: 0334-9285643 ; E: email@example.com
The Information Technology University (ITU) of the Punjab is seeking outstanding individuals for tenure-track faculty positions (Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor) in the fields of Humanities, Business Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Economics, development studies and Mathematics, Physics, who have demonstrated a promise of achieving true distinction in research and the ability to be an excellent teacher at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
Note: Information Technology University is an equal opportunity
We are seeking outstanding individuals committed to excellence in research and teaching. Successful candidates should hold a doctoral degree in an appropriate discipline, have demonstrated the promise of achieving true distinction in research, and shown the ability of sustaining excellence in teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate level. Both tenure earning and tenured positions will be considered as per the HEC criteria. We offer highly competitive salary packages and extensive research support
Interested individuals should electronically submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interest – A 2-6 page document describing the kind of research ideas applicants wish to pursue and how they plan to pursue them
- Statement of Teaching Interest – A 1-3 page document that includes a listing of course topics that candidates would like to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and their teaching philosophy/methodology.
- A copy of at least one sample publication
- Names and Contact Information of 3 References – The references should be people with PhDs engaged in academics directly or indirectly to be able to comment on the candidate’s research abilities. Candidates should also indicate their relationship with the reference (PhD supervisor, teacher, company supervisor, etc) and may want to let the references know that a member of the search committee may contact them.