Bibliometric Tools for Evidence-based Research Policy Formulation, Scientometrics, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Information Visualization.
Dr. Saeed Ul Hassan is a trained Computer Scientist with more than 10 years of hands-on experience of software design and development. Dr. Saeed earned his PhD in the field Information Management from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. He was then selected to work as a Post-Doctorate Fellow at the United Nations University in Macau. He has also served as a Research Fellow at National Institute of Informatics in Japan.
Dr. Saeed’s research interests lie within the areas of Bibliometric Tools for Evidence-based Research Policy Formulation, Scientometrics, Information Retrieval and Text Mining. He has published more than 20 papers in reputed international journals and conference proceedings. Currently, he is working as an Assistant Professor at Information Technology University of the Punjab and voluntarily gives time to Pakistan Hemophilia Patient’s Welfare Society in the capacity of Vice President.
- Bonaccorsi, A., Tinder, C., Haddawy, P., Saeed-Ul Hassan, “Explaining the transatlantic gap in research excellence”, Scientometrics: in-press, Springer, 2016.
- Haddawy, P., Saeed-Ul Hassan Asghar, A., Amin, S., “A Comprehensive Examination of the Relation of Three Citation-Based Journal Metrics to Expert Judgment of Journal Quality”, Journal of Informetrics: vol 10, issue 1, 162-173, Elsevier, 2016.
- R. Sarwar, Saeed-Ul Hassan "A bibliometric assessment of scientific productivity and international collaboration of the Islamic World in science and technology (S&T) areas”, Scientometrics: vol 105, issue 2; Springer, 2015.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan and P. Haddawy, "Analyzing Knowledge Flows of Scientific Literature through Semantic Links: A Case Study in the Field of Energy”, Scientometrics: vol 103, issue 1; Springer, 2015.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan R. Sarwar “Tapping into Intra and Int’l Collaborations of OIC States across Science and Technology (S&T) Disciplines”, Science and Public Policy, (in press).
- J. Zhu, Saeed-Ul Hassan “Measuring Recent Research Performance for Chinese Universities Using Bibliometric Methods”, Scientometrics, vol. 101, issue 1; Springer, 2014.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan, P. Haddawy, J. Zhu, “A Bibliometric Study of the World's Research Activity in Sustainable Development and its Sub-areas using Scientific Literature”, Scientometrics, vol. 99, issue 1; Springer, 2014.
- J. Zhu, Y Yang, Q Xie, L Wang, Saeed-Ul Hassan “Robust hybrid name disambiguation framework for large databases”, Scientometrics, vol. 98, issue 3 ; Springer, 2014.
- Ibrar Hussain, Ling Chen, Hamid Turab Mirza, Gencai Chen, Saeed-Ul Hassan “Right mix of speech and non-speech: hybrid auditory feedback in mobility assistance of the visually impaired”, Universal Access in the Information Society: vol 14, issue 4; Springer, 2014.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan, and P. Haddawy, "Measuring International Knowledge Flows and Scholarly Impact of Scientific Research", Scientometrics: vol. 94, issue 1; Springer, 2013.
- D. Zhu, Saeed-Ul Hassan P. Haddawy, “Small-World Phenomenon of Keywords Based on Complex Network”, Scientometrics, vol. 97, issue 2; Springer, 2013.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan, P. Haddawy, P. Kuinkel, A. Degelsegger, and C. Blasy, "A Bibliometric study of research activity in ASEAN related to the EU in FP7 priority areas", Scientometrics, vol. 91, issue 3: Springer, 2012.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan P. Haddawy "Tapping into Scientific Knowledge via Semantic Links", 15th International Conference on Scientometrics & Informetrics (ISSI), Istanbul, Turkey, 2015.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan P. Haddawy "Semantic Analysis of Knowledge Flows using Scientific Literature", 19th International Conference on Science and Technology Indicators (STI), Leiden, The Netherlands, 2014.
- P. Haddawy, Saeed-Ul Hassan "A Comparison of Three Prominent Journal Metrics with Expert Judgement of Journal Quality", 19th International Conference on Science and Technology Indicators (STI), Leiden, The Netherlands, 2014.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan and P. Haddawy, "Global Research Benchmarking System", Responding to the 21st Century Demands for Educational Leadership and Management in Higher Education, SEAMEO, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 2012.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan P. Haddawy, P. Kuinkel, and S. Sedhai., "A Bibliometric Study of Research Activity in Sustainable Development", 13th Conference of the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (ISSI), Durban, South Africa, pp. 996-998, 2011.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan, and R. Ichise, "Discovering Research Domains Using Distance Matrix and Co-Authorship Network", SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, vol. 3, Sparks, Nevada, United States, pp. 1252-1257 , 2009.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan, P. Haddawy, L. InnBeng, “Higher Education in Asia: Expanding Out, Expanding Up”, Looking for Research Excellence in the Right Places, David W. Chapman and Chiao-Ling Chien (Eds.), UNESCO Institute for Statistics, Montreal, Canada, 2014.
- P. Haddawy, Saeed-Ul Hassan, P. Kuinkel, and S. Sedhai., "Research strengths of ASEAN countries", Spotlight on: Science and Technology Cooperation Between Southeast Asia and Europe, A. Degelsegger, and C. Blasy (Eds.), : Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI), Linke Wienzeile, Vienna, Austria, 2011.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan, Muazzam, A. “Analyzing Institutional Research Publications, Citations and Collaboration Activities in Sustainable Development and its Sub-Areas, With Particular Reference To Asian Institutions”, Journal of Sustainability Science and Management, vol. 8, issue 2. (Indexed: Scopus, Google scholar).
- Saeed-Ul Hassan, P. Haddawy, P. Kuinkel, A. Degelsegger, and C. Blasy, “Technical Report: Analysing ASEAN-EU research collaboration”, vol. 2012, no. 22-05-2012: UNU, pp. Science, Technology and Society, 2012.2.
- Saeed-Ul Hassan and R. Ichise, "Discovering Research Themes of Institutes’ Research Work", Information Processing Society in Japan Special Interest Group Technical Report, vol. 2012-ICS-165, issue 1, 2012.
- P. Haddawy,Saeed-Ul Hassan, P. Kuinkel and S. Sedhai. “Technical Report: Analyses of Research strengths of SEA countries for SEA-EU-NET under Task 4.9 Bibliometric Analysis of S&T strengths in Southeast Asia in Transport, Social Sciences, Security and Space”, European Commission: Science & Innovation Section, Project SEA-EU-NET, United Kingdom, 2012.
- P. Haddawy, Saeed-Ul Hassan P. Kuinkel and S. Sedhai. “Technical Report: Analyses of Research strengths of SEA countries for SEA-EU-NET under Task 4.9 Bibliometric Analysis of S&T strengths in Southeast Asia in Health, 'Food, Agriculture and Biotechnology', Environment, ICT, Energy, Nanotechnology and Industrial Technologies”, European Commission: Science & Innovation Section SEA-EU-NET, 2011.
2013: HEC Approved Supervisor, October 2013. 2010: Winner of National Institute of Informatics International Internship Program (awarded to the best doctoral candidate in the School of Engineering and Technology, AIT), Tokyo, Japan, March 2010. 2009: The James A. Linen III Memorial Award in recognition of the most outstanding academic performance in the field of Information Management School of Engineering and Technology, Asian Institute of Technology Thailand, 2009. 2009: Graduation Speaker on behalf of all graduating students at the 111th Graduation Ceremony, AIT Asian Institute of Technology Thailand, 2009. 2008: Winner of National Institute of Informatics International Internship Program (awarded to the best MS student in the School of Engineering and Technology, AIT), Tokyo, Japan, May 2008. 2007: Overseas Scholarships for MS/MPhil Leading to PhD awarded by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, August 2007 – July 2012.
January 2014 – Present: Assistant Professor, Information Technology University of Punjab, Pakistan October 2010-September 2013: Post Doc., & Doctoral Fellow, United Nations University International Institute for Software Technology, Macau May 2008 – September 2008: Research Assistant , National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan November 2006 – August 2007: Software Engineer, KABOT Int’l: US based Software House in Lahore, Pakistan July 2005 – January 2006: Software Engineer, Tower Technologies Lahore, Pakistan