Hajra’s interest lies in exploring human behavior coupled with machine learning techniques to identify influential patterns. She specializes in educational data science, determining the academic performances of students and the impact of their assessment on their learning experiences. Over time she has built her interest over the applied side of AI and information systems.
Ms. Hajra received her BS Computer Science and MS Computer Science degree from Lahore College for Women University (LCWU), Lahore. Her research interests are interdisciplinary, involving human psychology and their behavior, text mining and educational data science, with some international peer-reviewed journal papers at her credit. She has also served as a Lecturer Internee at a government college and has also been the reviewer of Springer Scientometrics journal and PlosONE. She was awarded a fully-funded Ph.D. fellowship at ITU in 2017 and her doctoral degree is in progress.
- Hajra Waheed, Muhammad Anas, Saeed-Ul Hassan, Naif R. Aljohani, Salem Alelyani, Ernest Edem Edifor, Raheel Nawaz,” Balancing Sequential Data to Predict Students At-Risk using Adversarial Networks.” Computer & Electrical Engineering (Elsevier), 2021, 93, p.107274.
- Hajra Waheed, Saeed-Ul Hassan, Naif R. Aljohani, Julie Hardman, Raheel Nawaz. “Exploiting Deep Learning Models to Predict Academic Performance of Students using Virtual Learning Environment Big Data” Computers in Human Behavior (Elsevier), 2020, 104, p.106189.
- Hassan, Saeed‐Ul, Hajra Waheed, Naif R. Aljohani, Mohsen Ali, Sebastián Ventura, Francisco Herrera. "Virtual learning environment to predict withdrawal by leveraging deep learning." International Journal of Intelligent Systems, (2019), 34(8), pp.1935-1952.
- Hassan, Saeed-Ul, Anna Visvizi, Hajra Waheed. "The ‘who’and the ‘what’in international migration research: data-driven analysis of Scopus-indexed scientific literature." Behaviour & Information Technology(2019): 1-16.
- Wasif, Muhammad, Hajra Waheed, Naif R. Aljohani, and Saeed-Ul Hassan. "Understanding Student Learning Behavior and Predicting Their Performance." In Cognitive Computing in Technology-Enhanced Learning, pp. 1-28. IGI Global, 2019.
- Hajra Waheed, Saeed-Ul Hassan, Naif Radi Aljohani, Muhammad Wasif. "A bibliometric perspective of learning analytics research landscape." Behaviour & Information Technology37, no. 10-11 (2018): 941-957.
- Hajra Waheed, Maria Anjum, Mariam Rehman, Amina Khawaja. "Investigation of user behavior on social networking sites." PloS one12, no. 2 (2017).
- Maria Anjum, Mariam Rehman, Hajra Waheed, Muhammad Asif Kamran. "Social Networking Sites Shaping Behavior." The Anthropologist24, no. 2 (2016): 497-508.