Mr. Riaz's research interests include Agrovoltaics Systems, Food-Water-Energy Nexus, Environmental sustainability, Energy Policies, Renewable Energy Systems and Artificial Intelligence.
Mr. Hussnain Riaz earned B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan. He acquired his M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS). He was awarded a Dean Honor List distinction award for outstanding academic achievement from the Lahore University of Management Sciences.
He also completed the Summer School in Future Energy Information Networks, conducted jointly by Simula Metropolitan Center for Digital Engineering, Norway, University of Oslo, Norway, and Technical University of Berlin, Germany.
Mr. Hussnain has published Several research papers in international journals and conferences; he has researched with professors and scientists in Pakistan, Australia, the USA, Germany, France, Turkey, and China. Most of his research papers target Agrovoltaics Systems, Food-Energy-Water Nexus, Environmental sustainability, and renewable energy implementation.
- M. H. Riaz, H. Imran, R. Younas, M. A. Alam and N. Z. Butt, "Module Technology for Agrivoltaics: Vertical Bifacial Versus Tilted Monofacial Farms," in IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 469-477, March 2021, doi: 10.1109/JPHOTOV.2020.3048225. (Current IF = 3.052)
- Riaz, Muhammad Hussnain, et al. "Crop-specific Optimization of Bifacial PV Arrays for Agrivoltaic Food-Energy Production: The Light-Productivity-Factor Approach." arXiv preprint arXiv:2104.00560 (2021), Submitted in the Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications (Under Review) (Current IF = 7.690)
- Qasim, U.B., Qasim, H.B., Saeed, M.M., Riaz, M.H. and Imran, H., 2021. Investigating physical origin of dominant hysteresis phenomenon in perovskite solar cell. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 32(4), pp.5274-5285 (Current IF = 2.20)
- Kamal, T., Karabacak, M., Hassan, S. Z., Fernández-Ramírez, L. M., Riaz, M. H., Riaz, M. T., ... & Khan, L. (2018). Energy management and switching control of PHEV charging stations in a hybrid smart micro-grid system. Electronics, 7(9), 156. (Current IF = 2.412)
- Hassan, S.Z., Kamal, T., Riaz, M.H., Shah, S.A.H., Ali, H.G., Riaz, M.T., Sarmad, M., Zahoor, A., Khan, M.A. and Miqueleiz, J.P., 2019. Intelligent control of wind-assisted phevs smart charging station. Energies, 12(5), p.909. (Current IF = 2.702)
- Riaz, Muhammad Hussnain, Hassan Imran, and Nauman Zafar Butt. "Optimization of pv array density for fixed tilt bifacial solar panels for efficient agrivoltaic systems." 2020 47th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC). IEEE, 2020.
- Imran, Hassan, Muhammad Hussnain Riaz, and Nauman Zafar Butt. "Optimization of single-axis tracking of photovoltaic modules for agrivoltaic systems." 2020 47th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC). IEEE, 2020.
- Riaz, M. H., et al. "Internet of Things based wireless patient body area monitoring network." 2017 IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things (iThings) and IEEE Green Computing and Communications (GreenCom) and IEEE Cyber, Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom) and IEEE Smart Data (SmartData). IEEE, 2017.
- Anwar, A. R., Hashmy, M. Y., Imran, B., Riaz, M. H., Mehdi, S. M. M., Muthalib, M., ... & Muthuraman, M. (2016, August). Complex network analysis of resting-state fMRI of the brain. In 2016 38th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC) (pp. 3598-3601). IEEE.
- Riaz, Muhammad Hussnain, et al. "Demand side management using different energy conservation techniques." 2017 International Multi-topic Conference (INMIC). IEEE, 2017.
- Riaz, Muhammad Hussnain, et al. "Low power 4× 4 bit multiplier design using dadda algorithm and optimized full adder." 2018 15th international Bhurban conference on applied sciences and technology (IBCAST). IEEE, 2018.
- Riaz, Muhammad Hussnain, et al. "3d mapping using light detection and ranging." 2017 International Multi-topic Conference (INMIC). IEEE, 2017.
- Riaz, Muhammad Hussnain, et al. "Micro hydro power plant dummy load controller." 2018 1st International Conference on Power, Energy and Smart Grid (ICPESG). IEEE, 2018.
- Kamal, T., Hassan, S. Z., Riaz, M. H., Li, H., Sarmad, M., & Mufti, G. M. (2017, November). Design and control of photovoltaic/micro-turbine/super-capacitor based microgrid system. In 2017 International Multi-topic Conference (INMIC) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Iqbal, Talha, Hasan Ul Banna, and Muhammad Hussnain Riaz. "Cyber intrusion detection through spatio-temporal correlation in optimal power flow problem." 2018 International Conference on Engineering and Emerging Technologies (ICEET). IEEE, 2018.
- Hassan, Syed Zulqadar, Hui Li, Tariq Kamal, Jawad Ahmad, Muhammad Hussnain Riaz, and Muhammad Abbas Khan. "Performance of different MPPT control techniques for photovoltaic systems." In 2018 International Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2018.
- Dean Honor List distinction award from the Lahore University of Management Sciences.
- Awarded Exemplary Contributions and Services Award for the LUMS Student Community from Office of Student Affairs, LUMS.