Dr. Shaikh’s current work focuses on isolating and understanding how various elements of decision support media influence the quality of managerial decision-making. It is expected that this would lead to improved decision-support systems design that would enable humans to circumvent systematic and motivational biases. His previous work has studied negotiation support systems, cross-organizational workflow design, subjective decision evaluation systems and flexible and scalable architectures for SMEs. Dr. Shaikh has also been an active case writer in the areas of business intelligence, general business strategy and decision simulation/modeling with publications in the prestigious NACRA’s Case Research Journal, ICIS Case Track proceedings and on the Harvard Business School catalog. Business sectors Dr. Shaikh has published and consulted in include telecoms, pharmaceuticals, agri-business (dairy), soft drinks retailing, footwear retailing and e-commerce.
Prior to joining this new and promising venture, Dr. Shazib Ehsan Shaikh had served for 10 years at Pakistan’s top-ranked LUMS business school as part of their MBA and Executive Education faculty. Notably, he was Editor of the Asian Journal of Management Cases for 3 years and arranged Pakistan’s first international case conference. He had done his PhD in Informatics and MSc in Computation (with Distinction) from the University of Manchester, UK. He also holds a first class BSc (Hons) degree in Accounting & Finance from the University of Warwick, UK. During his PhD, he also worked as a software developer for B2BNet.
- Ruth Greene Memorial Award for “easypaisa” (Best Int’l Case), NACRA October 2011 Conference, San Antonio, USA
- "Best Case in IT track" Award for Stylo Case, SDSB-AJMC 2011, 1st Int’l Case Conference, May 2011.
- Mobilink (A) case in 2016 successful bid for LUMS on Harvard Business School Case Catalog
- 14th European Emerald/CEEMAN case award for ROZEE.PK in 2009
- Won Overseas Research Scholarship (UK) award - funded PhD based on academic distinction