Open Innovation: Open Innovation in large Firms, Open Innovation Sources, Radical V/S Incremental Innovation, New Product Development (NPD), Open Innovation in SMEs,
Technology Management: Social Media for Innovation and User Collaboration, Digital Transformation for Innovation, Critical/Required Capabilities for Digital Transformation
Innovation Management: Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Start-Ups & SMEs, Transferring Knowledge for Innovation, Knowledge processing Capabilities for Innovation, Required/Critical Capabilities to Develop Incremental/Radical Innovation.
Naheed is an Assistant Professor of Innovation and Technology Management in the faculty of Business and Management at Information Technology University. Naheed has a PhD in Innovation Management from Alliance Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester, UK and a Master in Management of Information Technology System (MITS) from Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde, UK.
Naheed’s primary research interests relate to New Product Development (NPD), Technology and Innovation Management, in particular how large firms in the fast moving consuming goods (FMCG) and Technology Industry leverage external knowledge from several potential sources such as Customers, Suppliers, External Research Organisations and Social Media applications for the idea generation phases of the NPD process, and what capabilities are critical/ required in this regard. Her PhD research has examined an open innovation model and organisational and managerial challenges that large firms face to accommodate a more externally orientated mindset.
Prior to joining ITU, Naheed has taught across a range of Business and Management curriculum in the UK at undergraduate and postgraduate level for several years.
- Naheed Bashir, K.Nadia Papamichail & Khaleel Malik (2017).Use of Social Media Applications for Supporting New Product Development (NPD) processes in Multinational Companies (MNCs). Journal of Technological Forecasting and Social Change. Special issue for Search mechanisms and innovation: An analysis across multiple perspectives, vol.120 (2017), 176-183. (ABS 3*(Impact factor= 3.815)
- Naheed Bashir “External Knowledge sources and fuzzy frond phases (FFE) of NPD”, ISPIM Innovation Forum, 2018: The Innovation Game: Base Hits, Not Home Runs, 25-28 March 2018 - Boston, USA.
- Naheed Bashir “Bringing Innovation in new product development (NPD) by leveraging external sources: Opportunity or Hype”, The International Business Conference part of Management and Business Academy: Brunel University 16-18 December, 2016, London, UK.
- Naheed Bashir & Nadia Papamichail “Exploring the Role of Social Network Sites in New Product Development: An Empirical Study of MNCs” 6th International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IE) 12-13 December, 2016 Singapore. DOI: 10.5176/2251-2039_IE16.20.
- Naheed Bashir & Nadia Papamichail “Collaboration with External Sources in NPD: An Empirical Evidence from FMCG Industry”, ISPIM Innovation Summit, 2016: Moving the Innovation Horizon Conference, 4-7 December, 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, ISBN 978-952-265-931-6. Available at http://ispim.org/files/ISPIM_KL_proceedings/index.html.
- Naheed Bashir, Khaleel Malik & Nadia Papamichail, “Can social media act as a significant knowledge source for product innovation in FMCG firms? 1st International Conference on Science, Technology and Innovation Policy and Management (STIPM)16-17 November, 2016, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Naheed Bashir & Nadia Papamichail, “Impact of Social Media applications on NPD process: An Exploratory Study”, Research and Development (R&D) Management Conference, 3-6 July 2016, Cambridge, UK.
- Secured £2388 from additional funding grants (2017/2018) by post graduate research committee (PGR) at AMBS to present a paper in ISPIM Summit March 24-29, Boston, United States.
- Secured £3600 bursary from additional funding grants (2017/2018) by post graduate research committee (PGR) at AMBS for Thesis submission pending period.
- Secured £1780 from additional funding grants (2016/2017) by post graduate research committee (PGR) at AMBS to present a paper in ISPIM Summit 4-7 December Malaysia
- Secured £1270 from additional funding grants (2015/2016) by post graduate research committee (PGR) at AMBS to present a paper at research and development (R&D) conference, Cambridge 3-6 July, 2016
- Awarded £2000 for doctoral research allowance (DSR) by AMBS
- Secured £1440 from Marketing , Science and Management (MSM) division of AMBS to present a paper at Istanbul Conference 23-26 July, 2015
- Secured £1480 from additional funding grants (2014/2015) by post graduate research committee (PGR) at AMBS to attend a research training course “Qualitative Research & Data Analysis” at ST, Gallen University, Switzerland 7-13 June 2015.
- Awarded Overseas fully funded scholarship for PhD study at Alliance Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester, UK (2014-2017)
- Awarded Overseas fully funded scholarship for MSC study at Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde, UK (2012-2013)
- Academy of Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Knowledge
- ISPIM - International Society for Professional Innovation Management, October, 2016 to date
- Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF), September 2016 to date
- Academy of Marketing science (AMS), July 2016 to date
- British Academy of Management (BAM), February 2015 to date
- Research and Development Management Association (RADMA), March 2015 to date
- Academy of Management (AOM), October, 2014 to date
- European Conference on Knowledge Management Committee (ECKM) September 2014 to date
- Higher Education Academy UK (Associate Fellow Registration No: PR131769), Since June 2017.
- Alliance Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester, UK
- Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde, UK