Human Rights Law , Islamic Shari'ah, Islamic Banking and Finance
Dr. Khalid Zaheer has a Ph.D. in Islamic Banking from the University of Wales, as well as an intensive formal religious education in Islam. Dr. Zaheer has a deep and incisive understanding of the very relevant issue of Islam and modernity and has taught courses on Islamic ethics, traditions and economics etc. at various top national institutions over the years, including the Aga Khan University, LUMS and IBA. Dr. Zaheer has also served as an Islamic scholar at Stalybridge, Manchester and delivered lectures on Islam at international universities such as the University of Swansea and the University of Exeter.
- Article entitled, “Islamic Justification of Indexation in the Modern Financial Markets”
- "Human Rights Law and Islamic Shari'ah: Areas of Compatibility and Conflict" (5000 words); published in the December 2004 issue of Renaissance, a monthly Islamic journal
- Ph.D. thesis titled, “An Enquiry into the Basic Concept of Banking as Perceived by the Spirit of Islamic Economic Justice”, University of Wales, 1994
- Conducted a two-day workshop on Medical Ethics at Agha Khan University Hospital along with Dr Hilary Bok, Associate Professor of philosophy, John Hopkins University. The workshop was conducted jointly by Agha Khan University and John Hopkins University. It was held in 2007
- Appointed Vice-President, al-Mawrid, an Insitute of Islamic Sciences and its Fellow in Education in September 2008
- Served as member of Syndicate, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan; 2009-2010.
- Served as member of Board of Governors of Quaid-e-Azam Library in 2009-2012.
- Served as Director, Education at al-Mawrid, an Institute of Islamic learning, in September 2006 to September 2008;
- Served as Shari’ah Adviser of Atlas Islamic Fund. Appointed in 2006 for a year-and-a-half.
- Appointed non-official member of the Board of Management of Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal in May, 2000; resigned from the post in September 2000.
- Delivered lectures at the Administrative Staff College (a training institution for senior bureaucrats), National Institute of Public Administration (a training institution for mid-career bureaucrats), and Pakistan Audit and Accounts Training Institute etc.
- Delivered lectures on topics relating to Islamic Studies in Universities of Lampeter, Aberystwyth, Swansea, and Exeter and the Islamic Foundation in Leicester during 1990-1994 in Britain and at various departments and hostels at the Punjab University In Pakistan from 1994 to 1998;
- Made presentations on "Significance of Business Ethics" and "What Has Kept Pakistan from Progressing?" in the Annual Learning event of Excel Group of Companies, India from 30th June to 2nd July 2005 at Mumbai, India).
- Serving as Scholar, Understanding Islam, Stalybridge, Manchester, UK since May, 2012.
- Doing a regular weekly program of Q&As on Islamic topics at DM Digital, Manchester, UK since June 2012.