Norms & Criteria
The procedure for admission is as follows:
- The opening of the admissions cycle will be announced by ITU. This announcement will be made on the ITU website and through print and electronic media, including Urdu and English newspapers, Facebook, Twitter etc. The Admissions Calendar is available here
- Applicants will register and apply through the online admission form available here. Only those candidates who have submitted complete applications, and meet the Eligibility Criteria will be considered.
- Eligible applicants will be invited to take the ITU Admissions Test in Lahore.
Applicants for the undergraduate programs, and some graduate programs, may be exempted from the ITU Admissions Test if they have taken SAT/GRE. For details about submitting SAT/GRE scores please refer to the relevant program’s webpage or click here.
- Shortlisted candidates to the Graduate and Post-Graduate programs may be called for interviews.
- Admission decisions will be communicated.
Admission to ITU is based on the following factors.
BS Computer Science
- Applicants with HSSC/Intermediate completed:
Academic Record 40% + Admission Test/SAT-I 60%
- Applicants with HSSC/Intermediate not held due to COVID-19:
Academic Record 30% + Admission Test/SAT-I 70%
BS Electrical Engineering and BS Computer Engineering
- Academic Record 50% + Admission Test/SAT-II 50%
- Attention will be paid to academic scores in Science subjects
BS Management & Technology and BS Economics with Data Science
- Academic Record 40% + Admission Test/SAT-I 60%
MS Computer Science, MS Data Science and MS Electrical Engineering
- Academic Record 50% + Admission Test 50%
MS Development Studies: Development, Technology & Policy
- Academic Record 40% + Admission Test/GRE 40% + Interview 20%
- Academic Record 40% + Assessment & Interview 60%
PhD Computer Science and PhD Electrical Engineering
- Academic Record 40% + Admission Test 40% + Interview 20%
ITU Admissions Cell
Information Technology University – Punjab
6th Floor, Arfa Software Technology Park
346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore
Admissions Office (Role and Responsibilities)
- Accepting and filtering student applications
- Assessing applications according to our eligibility criteria
- Collection of documents
- Drafting strategies to promote Admissions
- Providing consultations with prospective students when requested
- Counseling prospective students with their queries about different programs
- Communicate with applicants about their application status
- Responding to information requests
- Participating in (or delivering) info sessions if needed
- Referring accepted students to scholarships as applicable
Applicants are facilitated by various modes
- Mobile phone
- Facebook messages
- In person visit
|2||Application Deadline||8 – 10 weeks after admission opens|
|3||Admission test||1 – 2 weeks after the deadline|
|4||Admission Test Marks||1 week after the Admission Test|
|5||Admission Merit List||2 week after the Admission Test|
|6||Tuition Fee Deadline||3 – 4 days after the Admission Merit List|
Disclaimer: The Admission timetable is finalized after approval from the relevant bodies of the university
Selected candidates will be informed of the admission decisions through the ITU Merit List, SMS and email. The ITU Merit List will be displayed on the ITU website.
All admissions will be provisional, and shall be confirmed after receiving proof of academic requirements and requisite documentation. If a selected applicant fails to meet the Eligibility Criteria in Intermediate/Bachelors (or equivalent examination) as specified for their degree program, their admission shall immediately stand cancelled.
ITU reserves the right to cancel the admission of students involved in any undesirable or illegal activity. ITU also reserves the right to cancel admission of a student at any time if the student is found to have submitted false information/documents.