National Workshop on KOHA
Register Now: http://goo.gl/forms/
Koha is web based multilingual Integrated Library system to cater automation needs of medium to large libraries. It is customized version of open source software Koha. According to a survey there were approximately 140 Libraries around the world using Koha as of early 2007, including 30 in North America. Koha satisfies all the functional requirements of a library management system. It is full-featured MARC based integrated library system customized to cater to the needs of Pakistani Libraries. The user friendly interfaces of Koha provide ease of use with great flexibility. Onscreen Key boards for Urdu, Sindhi and Pashto languages and also the special feature of Export of Urdu MARC records has made Koha one of the unique flavors of Koha ILS.
Koha is a comprehensive system that will intelligently run your library – large or small, real or virtual.
• A full featured modern integrated library system (ILS).
• Award winning and open source no license fee, ever.
• Linux, Unix, Windows and MacOS platform.
• Web Based.
• We can full integrate it into your website.
• Copy cataloguing and z39.50.
• MARC21 and UNIMARC for professional cataloguers.
• Tailored catalogue module for special libraries.
• Use as a document manager or digital library.
• Manage online and off line resources with the same tool.
• RSS feed of new acquisitions.
• E-mail and/or txt patron’s overdues and other notices.
• Print your own barcodes.
• Serials management module.
• Full catalogue, circulation and acquisitions system for library stock management.
• Web based OPAC system (allows the public to search the catalogue in the library and at home).
• Simple, clear search interface for all users.
• Simple and comprehensive acquisition options.
• Koha is multi-tasking and enables updates of circulation, cataloguing and issues to occur simultaneously.
• Ashfaq Hussain
• (MPhil in Library & Information Science)
Mr. Ashfaq Hussain working in Supreme Court of Pakistan, Lahore Branch Registry, Lahore is a seasoned Library & Information Science Professional. He severed many prestigious organizations like Supreme Court, NUST, FAST, COMSATS, USAID and OPSTeC. He is engaged in library automation and digitization from the beginning of his career. He is the first author who wrote about the situation of digital libraries in Pakistan. He conducted National workshop on PAKLAG KOHA & PAKLAG DSPACE in 27-29 June at AIOU Islamabad as lead resource person. He remained sole consultant in Pakistan for VTLS-Virtua, Vital and other library related product of VTLS for two years. He is the Treasure of Pakistan Library Association (Punjab) and Assistant Secretary General Pakistan Library Automation Group (PAKlag).