Theoretical Computer Science, Computational Complexity, Data Structures & Algorithms, Quantum Computation, Evolutionary Computing, Hypergraphs, Extremal Combinatorics, Cybersecurity, Logic, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Science
Shoaib Amjad Khan has over seven years of experience teaching Computer Science to undergraduate and graduate students at FAST- NU, Lahore. He is also a visiting faculty for MPhil students at Kinnaird College. He was awarded the PITB Outstanding Talent Scholarship from 2001 – 2005 and completed his Bachelors in Computer Science with honours from FAST- NU. He was a Fulbright Scholar and received his Masters in Discrete Mathematics from the University of South Florida in the United States.
Shoaib Amjad Khan received the SOFTEC Best Software Project award and he was also an advisor for An Eye for the Blind, which was a runner up at the P@SHA ICT Award in 2013. His research interests include Theoretical Computer Science, Computational Complexity, Data Structures & Algorithms, Quantum Computation, Evolutionary Computing, Hypergraphs, External Combinatorics, Cybersecurity, Logic, Philosophy of Mind and Philosophy of Science. He is also interested in applying tools from theoretical computer science to problems in other fields of human knowledge, particularly natural and social sciences.
- Shoaib A. Khan, B. Nagle, "Some apporximation algorithms for Hypergraphs", work in progress.
- Shoaib A. Khan, B. Nagle, “A Hypergraph Regularity Method for Linear Hypergraphs, with Applications”, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing (2011)
- Shoaib A. Khan, "A Hypergraph Regularity Method for Linear Hypergraphs," Master’sThesis, University of South Florida, USA, 2009.
- Shoaib A. Khan, Usman Naeem, Mansoor Ahmed, "An Optical Character Recognition System for Urdu Nasta'aleeq using Neural Networks", BS Final Year Project, FAST-NU, Lahore, 2005.
- Fulbright Scholarship for Master’s Degree from August 2007 to August 2009.
- PITB Outstanding Talent Scholarship throughout studies for BS(CS) Degree.
- Name in Dean’s Honor’s List for excellent academic performance during studies for BS(CS) Degree.
- Topped the batch (2001) in the first semester (Fall 01) of BS and earned the University Scholarship.
- Scored a 99% in Mathematics in A’ level.
- Scored a 95% in English Language in O’ level.
- Received the award of a Gold Medal