Data Mining, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Dr. Iqbal holds a PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Lahore. He was a Fullbright research scholar at USC from 1992-93. He has also worked as DAAD research fellow at Stuttgart Institute of Parallel and Distributed Computing and as a Research Assistant in ICASE, NASA Langlay Research Center, and Hampton, Virginia. He has previously taught at UET, LUMS and now is a professor at SEECS- NUST. Presently his work is focused on understanding how technology can be used to overcome learning and reaching problems. He is also the author of a book on Graph Theory and Algorithms (Google Books)
- “A Comparative Analysis of Static and Dynamic Load Balancing Strategies,” Proceedings of the 1986 International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP), pp. 1040 – 1047, August 1986, IEEE Press 1986 (with J.H. Saltz and S.H. Bokhari)
- “Efficient Algorithm for Partitioning Problems,” Proceedings of the 1990, International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP), pp. 123 – 127 (III), August, 1990
- “Efficient Algorithm for Dilated Mapping of Binary Trees” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC), Vol. 15, No. 1, May 1992.
- “New Heuristic for the Mapping Problems,” Research Report EECE-83-02, accepted by the Journal of IEE(P) (with S.H. Bokhari).
- “Approximate Algorithm for Partitioning and Assignment Problems,” International Journal of Parallel Programming (IJPP), October 1991.
- “Efficient Algorithms for a class of Partitioning Problems,” to appear in the IEEE Transactions on Parallel & Distributed Systems (with S.H. Bokhari).
- “Partitioning Problems for Heterogeneous computer Systems,” Proceedings of the Workshop on Heterogeneous Processing (WHP’93), April 1993, IEEE Press, 1993.
- “Heterogeneous Partitioning of Chain Structured Image processing Tasks,” proceedings of the workshop on Computer Architectures for Machine Perception (CAMP’93), December 1993, IEEE Press, 1993 (with M.E. Shaaban).
- “Assignment problems for Multiple Computer Systems,” proceedings of the National Workshop on Parallel Computing, Islamabad, 1992.
- “Optimal configuration of Host-Satellite System for Load Distribution”, Technical Report, Department of EE-Systems, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 1993 (with H.J. Kim, H.Park and V.K. Prasanna.
- “Partitioning of Image Processing Tasks on Heterogeneous Computer Systems,” proceedings of the Workshop on Heterogeneous Processing (WHP’94), April 1994, IEEE Press, 1994 (with M.E. Shaaban and M. Saeed.
- “Program Partitioning Among Machines in a Heterogeneous Environment,” proceedings of the Third International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Computer Vision (ICARCV’94), November 8-11, 1994, Singapore (With Masood Ahmad and M. Saeed).
- “Mapping parallel Computations to a Heterogeneous Architecture,” proceedings of the Ninth International Symposium on Computer and Information Science, (ISCIS IX), Turkey, November 1994 (with Saeed Iqbal).
- “Partitioning Problems in heterogeneous Distributed Computing,” proceedings of the Ninth International Symposium on Computer and Information Science, (ISCIS IX), Turkey, November 1994. (with Saeed Iqbal).
- “Partitioning problems in Heterogeneous Distributed Computing,” accepted for presentation in the First International IEEE Workshop on parallel Processing, to be held in Banglore, India (with Saeed Iqbal).
- “Static Program partitioning among Machines in a Dual Processor heterogeneous Environment,” submitted to the High Performance Computing Conference, April 1995.
- “Optimal Task Assignments in Distributed Multimedia Systems,” Proceedings of the International Multi Topic Conference (INMIC’98), Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore, December, 1998.
- “Efficient Algorithm to Find Optimal Agent Migration Strategies,” accepted for presentation at the 10th International Conference on parallel & Distributed Computing & systems, sponsored by the International Association of Science & Technology for Development-IASTED (with Joachim Baumann & Markus Strasser).
- “Scientific Education & the Philosophy of University Governance,” 4th All Pakistan National Education Conference, 1999, Islamabad.
Memberships: 2004 Member program committee for 17th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems (PDCS), organized by ISCA 2004 Convener Mathematics HOD Search Committee, LUMS 2003-2004 Convener: LUMS Science & Engineering Initiative Committee 2002-2003 Member Technical Advisory Committee on Science & Engineering 2001 Convener IT HRD Program Committee 1998 Program Chair: Third IEEE National Multi-Topic Conference, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE, USA) 1994 Program Committee, Workshop on Heterogeneous Processing Referee: 2001 IEEE-International Multi-topic Conference INMIC 2001, LUMS, Pakistan 1993 Workshop on Heterogeneous Processing, USA 1993 Supercomputing Conference, USA 1991, 1992 & 1993 International Symposium on Parallel Processing, USA 1992 & 1993 International Conference on Parallel Processing, USA