Admin Block 6th floor, Information Technology University (ITU),
Arfa Software Technology Park, Ferozpur Road, Lahore, Pakistan.
P (042)-111-111-ITU (488)
Ext : 6043
ITU offers competitive salary packages, state-of-the-art facilities and holds an equal opportunity employment policy. Currently, tenure-track faculty positions (Professorship, Assistant Professorship and Associate Professorship) in the fields of Humanities, Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Mathematics are open. Staff positions in the areas of Admissions, Academic Affairs, Administration, Human Resource Management are also available.
The Information Technology University (ITU) of the Punjab is seeking outstanding individuals for tenure-track faculty positions (Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor) in the fields of Humanities, Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Mathematics, who have demonstrated a promise of achieving true distinction in research and the ability to be an excellent teacher at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
Note: Information Technology University is an equal opportunity
We are seeking outstanding individuals committed to excellence in research and teaching. Successful candidates should hold a doctoral degree in an appropriate discipline, have demonstrated the promise of achieving true distinction in research, and shown the ability of sustaining excellence in teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate level. Both tenure earning and tenured positions will be considered as per the HEC criteria. We offer highly competitive salary packages and extensive research support
Interested individuals should electronically submit the following documents to email@example.com
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interest – A 2-6 page document describing the kind of research ideas applicants wish to pursue and how they plan to pursue them
- Statement of Teaching Interest – A 1-3 page document that includes a listing of course topics that candidates would like to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and their teaching philosophy/methodology.
- A copy of at least one sample publication
- Names and Contact Information of 3 References – The references should be people with PhDs engaged in academics directly or indirectly to be able to comment on the candidate’s research abilities. Candidates should also indicate their relationship with the reference (PhD supervisor, teacher, company supervisor, etc) and may want to let the references know that a member of the search committee may contact them.
“Data scientist: dream jobs of the 21st century.”
The Data Science Lab (DSL) of Information Technology University (ITU), Lahore has the following openings for aspiring and veteran data scientists:
1. Research Associates: We are looking for talented and assiduous data scientist to work on an array of exciting and real-world problems in Data Science, Machine Learning and Big Data analytics. ITU’s Data Science lab is at the unique vantage point where data scientists get the opportunity to gain unparallel hands-on and research experience while working in collaboration with multitude of government, crime prevention and health-care agencies to create substantial impact. Courtesy of our strong international collaborations with international top ranked universities and Fortune500 companies like IBM, we focus on state-of-the-art R&D problems trending in the global Data Science community. It is an exceptional opportunity for someone looking to excel in the field of Data Science both in industrial or research disciplines.
The ideal candidates are posited to be proficient in the leading data science methodologies and tool-set. We are looking for truly passionate and dedicated candidates with the mind-set to produce quality research outputs (publications, proposals etc.) by working in current and imminent data science projects.
We offer market competitive remuneration (40-75K monthly) depending on candidate’s credentials, knowledge of data science and potential for research productivity
- Must have the knowledge of Data Mining/Machine Learning algorithms.
- Proficiency in at least one programming languages (Java, C++, etc.) and one scripting language (preferably R or Python)
- Excellent English writing skills
- Strong foundation of computational problem solving, Algorithms, Data Structure
- Expertise in Big Data tools like Apache Hadoop or Spark will be considered a strong plus
- Prior research in data science experience will be preferred.
- Strong Mathematical or Statistical background will be given strong preference.
- Exposure to Mobile App will be a plus point too.
2. Doctoral Candidate: We are looking for doctoral candidates who would initially join us as research associates and would be converted to Doctoral Candidates after fulfilling the certain qualifying requirements. Applicants must have MS with research thesis in addition to the qualifications mentioned above for research associates.
Please apply (only if you math the requirements) by sending an email to Dr. Faisal, director of ITU Data Science Lab (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV, brief statement to highlight your relevance to advertised position, and preference for the positions above. The application would entertained first come, first serve basis.
Please don’t forget to add “Jobs for Data Scientists at ITU-DSL” in your subject line otherwise your application would not be considered.
Computer Vision has matured from playground of academia to becoming an essential part of solutions impacting our daily life. Facebook can validate face with almost human accuracy, Google can label your images in detail, Amazon is trying to search images to find similar items on sale, products like driverless cars, gaming consoles converting your room into battle ground …. are looking more realistic.
Where big giants like Google, Microsoft, Facebook are investing a lot in the area, field is wide open for the individuals to make an impact. Every few weeks we see products being launched by startups benefiting from elements of robotic vision.
If topics like scene understanding, analyzing satellite imagery, object identification, 3D geometry interests you and you have skills to program; come meet us.
We are looking for both Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant in this area. We are equal opportunity organization.
Send us your resume at email@example.com with Subject Line: [Computer Vision RA/TA]
Please include a cover letter describing your interest in the area of computer and following information.
- Your grades in any related course(s) you took. For example Computer Vision, Digital Image Processing, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition.
- Short description of projects you have completed or worked on, related to computer vision.
- Short paragraph on projects and/or problems that interests you in this area.
Please note that you must have at-least a bachelor’s degree
Bio-inspired simulation & Modeling of intelligent Life (BiSMiL)Lab at Information Technology University (ITU) is accepting applications for multiple full-time and part-time Research Associate positions. ITU, chartered by the government of Punjab, was established in 2012. Now recognized by HEC, the focus of the university is on solving locally relevant problems and infusing an entrepreneurial spirit in its students. Through its project-oriented and design-centered approach towards education, ITU aims to foster a new generation of IT engineers who will help transform the economic and technical landscape of Pakistan.
BiSMiL Lab, since its inception in 2010, boasts an active research portfolio. The Lab has recently relocated to ITU from GIKI and is engaged in projects of national importance (such as underwater acoustics and robotics) and has represented Pakistan in Microsoft Imagine Cup, St. Petersburg, Russia in the Summer 2013 and 2014. For more details about the lab, please visit (http://www.giki.edu.pk/Faculties/FCSE/Bismil)
Qualified individuals with hands-on experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Ability to demonstrate and develop micro-controller based systems(AVR/PIC/dsPIC)(using any/mostofthefollowing)
- Telemetry applications
- Data acquisition systems(highspeedS&HADCs)&sensor/dataintegration,
- Secondary memory interfacing
- Sensor interfacing (pressure, gas, camera, audio/ultrasonic sensors etc).
- Ability to design, debug or reverse-engineer a given circuit & its electronics and to design, develop & use break-out boards for prototype designs and implement/test them.
- Ability to implement signal and image processing algorithms (both in embedded environments or on PC based systems using C/C++ and Matlab/LabView).
- App development (preferably iPhone/iOS)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, willingness to conduct field work and the ability to meet deadlines
BS/MSdegree or equivalent recognized degree from a foreign or local reputed university.
- Interested individuals should email their detailed resume including references as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- It should also include proof of projects/research papers (ifany) as attachment in the email.
- Please provide in your email, a description of not more than a 1000 words to explain your suitability for the job.
We will receive applications till August 30, 2015.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualification and experience. The university provides an excellent atmosphere for R&D, with state of the art research facilities, guidance of experienced faculty and online access to research literature/libraries.
For queries, please contact:
Dr. Suleman Mazhar,
PhD The University of Tokyo, Japan &
Postdoc. Fellow(NIH), Georgetown University, USA
PI BiSMiL Lab., Information Technology University
“Programming, big data, and hardcore computer science problems. If any of these words mean anything to you, you should apply for this position.
What we are looking for:
– Polyglot in terms of programming languages
– Ninja problem solving skills
– Affinity to publishing papers at some of the top venues in computer science
– Desire to hack into a number of systems, including Spark, data centre OSes, scalable I/O, and Scala
– Above market pay package
– Option of travelling to attend technical conferences across the world ”
Send us your resume at email@example.com
|Sr.||Position||No. of Posts||Qualification & Experience|
|1||Consultant(For Development of Desktop Publishing Nastaliq Font for Urdu)||1||A highly skilled calligrapher who is technically educated enough to be able to handle details of the font design process. Also significant prior experience not only with professional calligraphy but also with computational aspects of digital font and information technology and has been involved in digital font development in the past. As the development of a desktop font requires several iterations and involves handling several thousand ligatures, the consultant must be aware of evaluation metrics for digital fonts and should be aware of the involved scientific rigor. Ideally s/he should have prior experience working with similar technologies.|
- The above required consultant shall be engaged for short term consultancy by following Punjab
Procurement Rules, 2014.
- Detailed Terms of Reference (TORs) can be viewed on the website www.itu.edu.pk.
- The duration of the consultancy engagement is six months.
- Incomplete/pruned (having cutting) / unsigned/ application based on incorrect information received after due date shall be rejected.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- Application along with the attested credentials must reach the Procurement Wing of ITU before 03/03/2017.
- Only those candidates having degrees from HEC recognized university/ college/ institute or well
reputed foreign university recognized by HEC shall be considered.
- No TA/DA shall be admissible when called for interview or joining the service.
- The date and time for interview will be communicated through a phone call.