MS Electrical Engineering
ITU has so far inducted two batches in its graduate program. Admission decisions are made on the basis of academic records, intellectual vitality and potential for innovation.
ITU offers the following degrees at the graduate level:
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Fee Structure
- Admissions Test
Following is the eligibility criteria for admission in MS in Electrical Engineering program adopted by ITU.
- Four years of education (minimum 124 credit hours) after HSSC/F.Sc/Grade-12 or Sixteen years of schooling will be required for admission.
- A candidate can be enrolled in MSEE program with Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related fields (Approved by the Faculty Board of Studies (FBS) of Electrical Engineering Department) with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 out of 4.0 or 53% marks.
The procedure for admission is as follows:
- The opening of the admissions cycle shall be announced by ITU. This announcement will be made available on the ITU website and through various other print and electronic media, including Urdu and English newspapers, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Interested applicants will register and appear for the ITU Admissions Test.
- Candidates who have successfully cleared the admissions test will submit a complete admission application (the application form can be submitted both online or in hard copy) alongside relevant supporting documents.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be called in for interviews.
- Admission decisions will be dispatched.
Admission to ITU is based on the below-mentioned application components. The weightage of each component in the overall decision is also given.
- Academic Background: 40%
- Performance in Admission Test: 40%
- Interview (if applicable): 20%
Note: only candidates who submit a complete application form will be considered for admission.
Selected candidates will be informed of admission decisions through Merit List, SMS and email. The Merit List will be available on the ITU website.
All admissions will be provisional, and shall be confirmed after receiving proof of academic requirements. If a selected applicant fails in the Intermediate (or equivalent examination), their admission shall immediately stand cancelled.
ITU reserves the right to cancel the admission of students involved in any undesirable or illegal activity. ITU also reserves the right to cancel admission of a student at any time if the student is found to have submitted false information/documents.
Program duration: 4 semesters (2 years).
Total credit hours: 30
Tuition Fee per credit hour: Rs. 6,000/-
- At the time of admission students will also have to pay the admission processing fee, security and full semester fee in advance.
- Students are required to pay their fee in advance before the commencement of every semester.
- Tuition fee is paid through challan forms generated by the Accounts Office -ITU.
The University reserves the right to change its fee at any time without prior notice. All fees and other charges are subject to revision from time to time.
All graduate applicants will be required to take the ITU Admissions Test for their respective MS program.
Appearance in GAT-based ITU’s admission test with a minimum 60% cumulative score will be required at the time of admission to MSEE
ITU believes in supporting and nurturing academic excellence and so far, no student has been held back from attending ITU for financial reasons. Generous merit and need based scholarships are available.
These scholarships are available from the Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) for both graduate and undergraduate programs. Among the collective MS and BS batch admitted at ITU last year, 100 students were PEEF scholars. In the coming academic year, we shall be inducting another 100 PEEF scholars; 76 at the undergraduate level and 24 at the graduate level.
At the graduate level, the PEEF eligibility criterion is as follows:
Candidates need to:
- Have a Punjab domicile.
- Have secured at least 60% marks or a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in their undergraduate examinations held in 2015 in Punjab
- Students who already hold a graduate degree (eg. MA/MSc./MS/M.PHIL etc.) are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Students who have passed undergraduate examinations in supplementary sessions are not eligible.
- Students who have passed undergraduate examinations with grace marks are also not eligible.
- Have obtained their undergraduate degree from either a government institution, a private institution or as a private candidate.
- Have a declared monthly household income less than or equal to Rs. 30,000/-
- Not be receiving any other scholarship for their graduate studies (except for the 50% remaining scholarship which could be compensated from other sources).
A PEEF scholarship shall be rescinded immediately if at any time it is verified that the scholarship receiver’s monthly household income exceed Rs. 30,000/-
Scholarship policy for MS to be implemented with effect from Fall 2015 is as under:
General Scholarships: At the time of admission, the top 3 students will be awarded merit scholarship, which allows 100% concession in the Tuition Fee. However the student will have to pay the Admission Fee, Security Deposit and other semester charges.
With the aim of enriching our student’s experience, the ITU has introduced a Graduate Fellowship Program. These fellowships are merit-based to support the students in a full time course of study. In addition to extending financial support to meritorious students, these fellowships are geared towards offering the students a platform to garner valuable skills and exposure through research and teaching assignments. These assignments shall enable an acquisition of a rewarding concurrent professional experience and capacity building, which will add substantive value to their subsequent undertakings. At the time of admission, top ten (10) students from the merit list will be offered Graduate Student Fellowships.
Criteria for Graduate Student Fellowships:
- These Fellowships will be offered to Ten (10) students according to the Admission Merit List and meeting Graduate Student Fellowship criteria.
- If any student appearing on this given merit does not join ITU, next on the merit will be entertained.
- An accepted Graduate Student Fellow will be absorbed in ITU as a Teaching Assistant / Research Assistant / Lab Assistant or any other relevant capacity.
- A Graduate Student Fellow will be working as an employee at ITU and will be given a monthly salary PKR 60000.
- This contract of employment will be based on: (1) S/he will be a full time student at ITU and taking three (3) courses / 9 credits. (2) S/he will maintain CGPA 3.
- The Graduate fellow will sign a bond to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3 though the qualifying CGPA is minimum 3 but it will be offered to Ten (10) Top students.
- The scholarship and student fellowship can be maximum for 2 years since the date of joining.