BS Computer Science
The ITU BS Computer Science Degree aims to impart a research-oriented and design-centred computer science education to students, and thus produce innovators and IT specialists who can transform the IT landscape of Pakistan. An intensive four year program, BS CS combines rigorous coursework with exciting research opportunities based on real-world problems and industrial collaborations, thus ensuring a broad-based education which can lead to numerous diverse career paths. Courses are designed and taught by ITU’s world class faculty and research is conducted in collaboration with ITU’s numerous research centers.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Fee Structure
Applicants who have successfully completed their FSc-pre engineering/A-Levels/High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate, or will do so by Aug – Sep 2017, are eligible to apply to the BS programs at ITU- provided that they have fulfilled a relevant combination of the following conditions:
- Scored 60% marks or above in Matric
- Successfully appeared in eight O’Levels subjects
- Scored 60% marks or above in Intermediate (FSc-pre engineering or ICS)
- Scored at least 30 out of 45 points in International Baccalaureate
- Scored 80% or above or maintained a GPA of B or above in American High School Diploma
- The average of 3 A’Level grades must not be less than a *C and the equivalence should not be less than 60%
- Further Mathematics
Candidates who have completed 12 years of education and obtained qualifications other than Matric or FSc are required to submit an equivalence certificate from the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC), Islamabad, with their admission applications.
Result awaiting students can apply on the basis of their Intermediate part1 scores and those who are from A level (Cambridge) or other educational systems will apply on the basis of their hope certificates.
The procedure for admission is as follows:
- The opening of the admissions cycle shall be announced by ITU. This announcement will be made available on the ITU website and through print and electronic media, including Urdu and English newspapers, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Interested students will register through submitting application form available online. Eligible applicants would be invited for the admission test.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be called in for interviews.
- Admission decisions will be dispatched.
Admission to ITU is based on the below-mentioned application components. The weightage of each component in the overall decision is also given.
- Academic Background: 40%
- Admission Test: 40%
- Interview & Assessment: 20%
Note: only candidates who submit a complete application form will be considered for admission.
Selected candidates will be informed of admission decisions through Merit List, SMS and email. The Merit List will be available on the ITU website.
All admissions will be provisional, and shall be confirmed after receiving proof of academic requirements. If a selected applicant fails in the Intermediate (or equivalent examination), their admission shall immediately stand cancelled.
ITU reserves the right to cancel the admission of students involved in any undesirable or illegal activity. ITU also reserves the right to cancel admission of a student at any time if the student is found to have submitted false information/documents.
Program duration: 8 semesters (4 years).
Tuition Fee per credit hour: Rs. 5,000/-
Minimum Course Load per semester: 15 credit Hours.
Tuition Fee per semester (for minimum. course load): Rs.75, 000/-
- At the time of admission students will also have to pay the admission processing fee, security and full semester fee in advance.
- Students are required to pay their fee in advance before the commencement of every semester.
- Tuition fee is paid through challan forms generated by the Accounts Office -ITU.
The University reserves the right to change its fee at any time without prior notice. All fees and other charges are subject to revision from time to time.
ITU believes in supporting and nurturing academic excellence and so far, no student has been held back from attending ITU for financial reasons. Generous merit and need based scholarships are available.
These scholarships are available from the Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) for both graduate and undergraduate programs. Among the collective MS and BS batch admitted at ITU last year, 100 students were PEEF scholars. In the coming academic year, we shall be inducting another 100 PEEF scholars; 76 at the undergraduate level and 24 at the graduate level.
At the undergraduate level, the PEEF eligibility criterion is as follows:
Candidates need to:
- Have passed Intermediate examinations held by the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) Punjab or the Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE), Islamabad in 2016.
- Be students of a Federal Government Institution situated within the geographical boundaries of Punjab.
- Secure at least 60% marks in their Intermediate examinations.
- Secure admission at ITU.
- Have a declared monthly household income less than or equal to Rs. 30,000/-
- Not be availing any other educational scholarship during the course of studies conducted under the PEEF scholarship.
These scholarships are generously awarded in the following denominations:
- 100% of semester tuition fee
- 75% of semester tuition fee
- 50% of semester tuition fee
Upon admission, a student’s academic merit is reviewed and if (and as) applicable, a scholarship of one of the three denomination is awarded for the first semester. Thereafter, this merit scholarship is tied to a student’s academic performance at ITU and shall be reviewed every semester. Students with a GPA of:
- 3.3+ will be awarded a 100% scholarship for the following semester
- 3.0-3.2 will be awarded a 75% scholarship for the following semester
- 2.8-2.9 will be awarded a 50% scholarship for the following semester
Merit scholarships of students unable to achieve a GPA of at least 2.8 shall be rescinded.
Need based financial assistance is also available for the ITU students as per the Financial Aid Policy, 2016